- Since 2015 Lecturer at TU Wien, Institute for Analysis and Scientific Computing
- Since 2009 Researcher at dwh GmbH „dwh Simulation Services“
- 2013-2014 Visiting professor at University of the Philippines Cebu, Department of Computer Science, Philippines
- 2009-2012 Doctoral studies of Technical Sciences at TU Wien, Austria
- 2009-2010 External Assistant at Main Association of Austrian Social Security Institutions
- 2007-2008 Exchange semester at University of the Philippines Diliman, Philippines
- 2003-2009 Master studies in Technical Mathematics at TU Wien, Austria
Florian Miksch has been working in the field of modeling and simulation since 2009. His main interests are modeling of epidemics, market modeling of medical products, health economics, and teaching of modeling and simulation.