The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic posed an unprecedented challenged to decision makers in politics and the health care system. The primary goal was to keep the number of critical cases below the limits of the health care system, and hence ensure medical care for the population. To achieve this extreme measures up to a total lockdown have been taken - with corresponding social and economic side effects.
Due to its expertise and long-lasting research, in cooperation with TU Wien and the research platform DEXHELPP, dwh GmbH has the tools (amongst others GEPOC and the ABT-framework) and the know-how to evaluate the efficiency and effects of single measures as well as of packages of countermeasures. It is also possible to also calculate their impact on the health care system to assess the limits of resources. Thanks to this expertise Austrian decision makers were provided with a solid basis for their decisions.
- Gesundheit Österreich GmbH (GÖG)
- Wiener Krankenanstaltenverbund (KAV)
- Niederösterreichische Landesklinikenholding (NÖ LKH)
Beratenden Tätigkeit für
Weiterführeden Informationen und Ressourcen
- Technical Description of COVID-19 Simulation Model and Parameters (Version 2020-05-28)
- Generc Population Concept (GEPOC) - Publication of population model which serves as base for COVID-19 model
- Generally understandable description of adaptions for COVID-19 model, assumptions and data sources
- Preprint of publication describing the evaluation of tracing measures (in review process)